Royal China Restaurant, a full service restaurant in Santa Rosa, CA, is seeking qualified individuals to fill Part time serving positions. We serve lunch Tuesday - Saturday 11:30am-2:30pm and dinner Tuesday -Thursday 4:30pm-9:00pm and Friday - Sunday 4:30pm-9:30pm. Our restaurant has been rated very highly as serving “the best Chinese food in Santa Rosa” and we continue to meet those expectations with our new restaurant expansion and remodel. We are seeking candidates who are highly motivated to help us provide our guests with the highest quality dining experience.
Servers ensure that restaurant guests have a quality and enjoyable dining experience by providing high quality customer service. They take and deliver food and beverage orders and work alongside fellow workers with a positive and friendly attitude.
Responsibilities and Duties
The ideal candidate must possess qualities of a good host, a good technician and a good salesperson.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education, training and experience that would provide an opportunity to acquire the knowledge and abilities stated.
Preferably ideal candidate must have
• a high school diploma
• plus at least 3 years experience as Restaurant Server in a full service restaurant environment.
• Food safety training will be considered a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Working Knowledge of: service system in a full service restaurant setting; safety and health procedures; culinary terminology.
• communicate effectively and in an appropriate manner with guests and other employees; provide excellent customer service;
• learn quickly,
• handle customer complaints and concerns with a positive attitude;
• work collaboratively with other staff members to provide team oriented service;
• read, comprehend and follow menus and instructions;
• problem solve;
• anticipate guests’ needs;
• work in a fast paced and demanding environment;
• manage stressful situations in a calm and constructive manner;
• to operate the point-of-sale register system, including processing credit card and cash transactions;
• manage time;
• follow all relevant health department rules and regulations;
• observe the principles of safe food handling and service.
• stand and walk continually throughout a three to four hour shift;
• lift and carry full trays;
• visual acuity to see restaurant menus,
• take customer orders, review customer bills and smoothly navigate dining room, kitchen and other areas;
• work as scheduled, working various schedules and shifts throughout normal business hours.
Benefits and Perks
Royal China Restaurant offers a friendly and team oriented workplace environment.