Royal China Restaurant, a full service restaurant in Santa Rosa, CA, is seeking qualified individuals to fill Part time food runner positions. Our restaurant has been rated very highly as serving “the best Chinese food in Santa Rosa” and we continue to meet those expectations with our new restaurant expansion and remodel. We are seeking candidates who are highly motivated to help us provide our guests with the highest quality dining experience.
Food Runners ensure that restaurant guests have a quality and enjoyable dining experience by providing high quality customer service. They expedite food and beverage orders to our guests and work alongside fellow workers with a positive and friendly attitude.
Position Objectives and Expectations: The following reflects the restaurant’s definition of essential functions but does not restrict the task that may be assigned. The restaurant may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
1. Demonstrate your ability to be a team player.
2. Show you can put the needs and expectations of our guest first paying close attention to the guests at each individual table from the first minute you greet them.
3. In-depth knowledge of our menu and restaurant philosophy.
4. Understanding of safety and health procedures.
5. Demonstrate your ability to work in a quick and efficient manner.
Personal Success Characteristics:
1. A friendly, sociable and consistent attitude with coworkers and guests.
2. Demonstrated ability to remain calm, and focused in carrying out your duties.
3. Effective communication skills
4. Ability to acknowledge mistakes quickly
5. Effective time management
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Effective Communication Skills:
2. Greeting Customers
3. Handling Guest concerns
4. Table Numbers
5. Know the menu
6. Expediting Food
7. Food Runner position side jobs
You must know and use effective time management skills to perform all side jobs by end of shift.
Qualifications and Skills
Education and Experience
Any combination of education, training and experience that would provide an opportunity to acquire the knowledge and abilities stated.
Preferably ideal candidate must have
• a high school diploma
• plus at least 1 year experience as Restaurant Food Runner in a full service restaurant environment.
• Food safety training will be considered a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Working Knowledge of: service system in a full service restaurant setting; safety and health procedures; culinary terminology.
• communicate effectively and in an appropriate manner with guests and other employees;
• learn quickly,
• handle customer complaints and concerns with a positive attitude;
• work collaboratively with other staff members to provide team oriented service;
• read, comprehend and follow printed food orders and instructions;
• problem solve;
• anticipate guests’ needs;
• work in a fast paced and demanding environment;
• manage stressful situations in a calm and constructive manner;
• manage time;
• follow all relevant health department rules and regulations;
• observe the principles of safe food handling and service.
• stand and walk continually throughout a three to four hour shift;
• lift and carry full trays;
• visual acuity to read printed food order tickets,
• smoothly navigate dining room, kitchen and other areas;
• work as scheduled, working various schedules and shifts throughout normal business hours.
Benefits and Perks
Royal China Restaurant offers a friendly and team oriented workplace environment.